A.The President/Executive Director shall be the chief executive officer of the corporation and shall, subject to the direction of the Board of Directors, have general supervision and control of its business and activities. The President shall preside at all Board of Directors meetings and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees established by the Board of Directors. The President will ultimately be the final overseer of any Disciplinary issues after it has been brought forth to the Disciplinary Committee for resolution. The President can sit on any Committee approved by the Board of Directors.
B. The President/Executive Director shall:
- conduct the affairs of the League and execute the policies established by the Board of Directors by attending all meetings of the Corporation
- prepare Monthly Board Meeting agendas and ensure Treasurer reports and Board Meeting minutes are presented to the Board of Directors at every meeting
- present a written Financial report and Projected Budget of the condition of the corporation at the annual meeting of members
- communicate to the Board of Directors, such matters as deemed appropriate, and make such suggestions as may tend to promote the welfare of the corporation and the success of its programs and activities
- be responsible for the conduct of the corporation in strict conformity to such policies as may be established by the Board of Directors
- prepare and submit in writing an annual budget to the Board of Directors with the help of the Treasurer for its approval and be responsible for the proper execution thereof and adherence thereto
- attend as a representative of Danvers Youth Football Cheerleading, Inc, all required meetings of DYFC, Inc
- oversee the offices of Executive Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Bookkeeper, the Vice President of Administration, the Vice President of Fundraising, the Vice President of Coaching, the Vice President of Equipment and Apparel, the Vice President of Event Coordination, and the Vice President of Public Relations
- submit in November an annual report to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to remain in good standing for non profit corporation status
- request of the office of Superintendent and/or Dean of Schools permission to disperse Cheerleading Registration flyers to all Danvers public and private schools
- shall sit on the Disciplinary Committee, Fundraising Committee and Events Committee
- submits State filling
|Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL
A. The Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL shall be responsible for the communication of all Information between the Board of Directors and the CAYFL. The Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL shall directly
DANVERS YOUTH FOOTBALL CHEERLEADING, INC. BYLAWS
Effective Date: January 10, 2016 13
report to the Board of Directors of the Corporation and will be ultimately responsible for the training of all members of the Corporation and direct all program activities.
B. The Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL shall:
- attend as a representative of Danvers Youth Football Cheerleading, Inc, all required meetings of DYFC, Inc and the CAYFL or any other organizations requiring participation or partnerships with
- examine and certify with the help of the VP of Administration, the application and supporting proofof qualification of age, residence and attending school of every cheerleader for participation in the corporation
- submit to Danvers Youth Football, Inc., the Cape Ann Youth Football League or any other organizations with which corporation’s programs are subsequently affiliated, team or squad rosters in the form required by such organization or corporation
- review with Parents/Cheerleaders of each squad at the beginning of the season all DYFC Safety Rules and Regulations, Practice and Game Protocols and Competition/Exhibition Rules set by the Board of Directors
- work with VP of Coaching, coaches, PA’s and squads on a weekly basis (grades 1-8) to ensure all children who participate in the program are being properly trained following routine guidelines and exhibiting desired techniques and skills needed for safety progression
- work with the VP of Coaching to plan the choreography sessions for Boot Camps, Assessment and Halftime routines.
- act as Chairperson of the Rules Committee and Scholarship Committee and sit on the Disciplinary and Events Committee
A. The Executive Vice President shall, in case of the absence or disability of the President and or Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL, provided that he or she is authorized by the President or by the Board of Directors to so act, perform the duties of the President and or the Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL, when so acting, shall have all of the powers of the President’s office. The Executive Vice President shall also have such other powers and shall perform such other duties as President and/or Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL or the Board of Directors may, from time to time, designate. The Executive Vice President shall directly report to the President and/or Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL. The Executive VP will be the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee and sit on the Scholarship Committee.
B. The Executive Vice-President shall:
- investigate complaints, irregularities and conditions detrimental to the corporation and report thereon to the President and the Board of Directors as circumstances warrant
- negotiate for, coordinating and overseeing the services of a professional photographer to provide team and individual pictures of Cheerleader Members, Coaches and Parent Advisors
- act as Chairperson of the Disciplinary and sits on the Scholarship and Fundraising Committees
A. The Secretary shall keep written minutes of the meetings of the membership and the Board of Directors. In the absence of the Secretary from any such meeting a Temporary Secretary shall be appointed by the person presiding at the meeting, shall perform the duties of the Secretary thereat for the duration of such meeting and shall forthwith transmit the said minutes of the meeting to the Secretary for inclusion in the records of the corporation. The Secretary shall directly report to the President.
B. The Secretary shall:
- be responsible for recording the activities of the corporation and maintaining appropriate files, mailing lists, and necessary records
- perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth, in addition to such other duties as are customarily incident to the office of Secretary or as may be assigned by the Board of Directors
- submit monthly minutes to the President Prior to the Monthly Board of Director’s meeting
- once approved, post monthly minutes to the website
- maintain a current Roll listing of all Cheerleader Members, Board Members and Community Members
- give notice of all meetings of the Corporation and of the Board of Directors, except as otherwise provided in the Bylaws
- conduct all correspondence of the Corporation, not otherwise specifically delegated, in connection with meeting
- shall Sit on the Disciplinary and Scholarship Committees
A. The Treasurer shall, subject to the direction of the Board of Directors, have general charge of the financial affairs of the corporation and shall keep accurate accounting books. The Treasurer shall have custody of all funds and securities of the corporation, except as the Board of Directors may otherwise provide. The treasurer shall report directly to the President.
B. The Treasurer shall:
- perform such duties as are herein set forth and such other duties as are customarily incident to the office of Treasurer or may be assigned by the Board of Directors
- receive all monies and securities belonging to the corporation and deposit the same in a depository approved by the Board of Directors
- keep records for the receipt and disbursement of all monies and securities of the Corporation, approve all payments from allotted funds and draw checks therefore in agreement with policies established in advance of such actions by the Board of Directors
A. The Bookkeeper shall, subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and Treasurer, maintain the daily financial entries of the Corporation into record. The Bookkeeper will keep accurate and complete records and have access to the online financial statements with the Treasurers authority. The Bookkeeper shall report directly to the Treasurer and President.
B. The Bookkeeper shall:
- enter all transactions into quickbooks
- prepare the State filing and give completed application to the President for submission
- prepare tax related documents
- prepare application of Solicitation of funds with the state
- assist the President, with the preparation of an annual budget
- prepare an annual report to the membership and submit the same at its annual meeting
- provide a monthly budget report of the financial status of the Corporation at all Board of Directors meetings
|Vice President of Administration
A. The Vice President of Administration shall be responsible for Administrative duties of the Corporation and may appoint certain members to aid in the duties of the office held. Appointees must be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. The Vice President of Administration shall report directly to the President. The Vice President of Administration shall sit on the Disciplinary and Scholarship Committees.
B. The Vice President of Administration shall:
- plan, communicate, and execute the annual Registration
- disperse copies of the approved Registration flyer to all Danvers Schools
- contact all elementary schools public and private to secure a workable date for Registration that does not conflict with school holidays or related events
- contact the VP of Equipment and Apparel to secure the vendor to supply uniforms and apparel samples for cheerleading fittings at Registration
- request from the High School or other public school the use of their Facility for Registration dates
- request from the Secretary copies of all forms (Cheerleader Applications, Emergency forms, Code of Conduct and Rules and Guidelines etc.) needed for Cheerleading Registration
- act as the Official Registrar of Cheerleader Members, Board Members, Community Members and Student Coaches by obtaining the following information on file:
- Application for Registration of all Cheerleaders
- Application for Volunteers of Non Cheerleaders
- Application for Volunteers of Student Coaches
- Birth Certificates of ALL Cheerleaders
- Release of Liability of all Cheerleaders and Non Cheerleaders
- CORI applications and copy of MA license of ALL Non Cheerleaders over the age of 18
- have the official Roster on file for every squad, Volunteer and coach
- create the official CAYFL Roster listing of the Cheerleaders on every squad alphabetically; and, review applications of candidates for cheerleader membership by verifying the age, grade level, school, residence and other eligibility requirements of each candidate
- certify membership applications of all interested applicants at the discretion of the Board of Directors
- maintain and update the current rosters and submit the same to the President and the Secretary
- notify the President of any resignation or reassignment of a Cheerleader Member
- be responsible for the CORI process for all required members of the corporation, Parent Advisors, Assistant Parent Advisors and other adults that may come in contact with any cheerleader in the program during the season as well as renew the application for waivers of fees for the CORI process required every year
|Vice President of Fundraising
A. The Vice President of Fundraising shall be in charge of and administer all fundraising activities of the corporation. The VP of Fundraising shall ensure that said funds are promptly delivered to the Treasurer of the corporation or deposited to the credit of the corporation in a manner approved by the President, the Treasurer and the Board of Directors. The Vice President of Fundraising shall report directly to the President. The Vice President of Fundraising shall oversee the appointment of a Snack Bar representative and be Chairman of a Snack bar Committee.
B. The Vice President for Fundraising shall:
- report accurate accounts of the various ways money has been raised and disperse all funds to the Treasurer
- solicit on behalf of each Squad, a donated Sponsorship from area businesses and financial institutions as a game sponsor for the season
- investigate and organize new and appropriate ways for raising funds for Danvers Youth Football Cheerleading, Inc.
- implement Board approved fundraisers and aid in the distribution of any material/information to the respective squads concerning the approved fundraiser
- distribute merchandise or fundraising materials properly and efficiently to respective squads and/or customers
|Vice President of Coaching and Training
A. The Vice President of Coaching and Training shall oversee the training of All Parent Advisors, Head Coaches and Student Coaches to properly prepare the children registered in the corporation for practices, games, competitions, exhibitions and events. The Vice President of Coaching shall report directly to the President and/or Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL.
B. The Vice President of Coaching and Training shall:
- review all PA /Coach applications and forward recommendations of applicants to the Board of Directors at the required meeting
- plan and organize the mandatory DYFC PA/Coaches training sessions and review all DYFC Safety Regulations, Rules and Regulations, Practice and Game Protocols and Competition/Exhibition requirements at the beginning of the season
- conduct any assessments mandated by the Board of Directors for the selection of Competition and Exhibition Squads if the corporation so chooses
- works with VP of Administration distribute/collect training manuals and safety information to all Coaches and Parent Advisors
- works with Danvers Cheer Director for CAYFL and/or CAYFL Director to certify every squad is at their specific progression level and following all safety regulations for their specific level
|Vice President of Equipment and Apparel
A. The Vice President of Equipment and Apparel shall be responsible for, purchasing and maintaining all equipment, apparel (other than fundraising merchandise) and supplies required for the proper operation of the corporation and its activities and programs. The Vice President of Equipment and Apparel shall directly report to the Executive Vice President.
B. The Vice President of Equipment and Apparel shall:
- keep and organize detailed records of all Equipment and Apparel purchases made and present such records to the Board of Directors
- submit detailed receipts to the Treasurer for required prompt payments
- keep an accurate inventory of all equipment owned or in possession by the corporation and updating and replacing such equipment approved by the Board of Directors on an as need basis
- order proper first aid supplies for all squads
- distribute proper first aid supplies to each Parent Advisor prior to the start of the season and update and refill supplies on an as requested basis
- distribute all cheerleader apparel ordered at registration to Parent Advisors in a timely fashion
- distribute all uniforms to cheerleaders with the help of the Parent Advisors and be responsible for uniform waivers signed by each cheerleader and collection of uniforms at the end of the season
|Vice President of Event Coordination
A. The Vice President of Event Coordination shall plan, schedule and execute all non game related events or activities approved by the Board of Directors of the Corporation. The Vice President of Event Coordination shall be the Chairperson of the Events Committee and sit on the Fundraising Committee. The Vice President of Event Coordination will work closely with the VP of Fundraising, VP of Equipment and Apparel, and VP of Public Relations to ensure success and communication at all DYFC events.
B. The Vice President of Event Coordination shall:
- organize all volunteers for Snack Bar, Exhibitions, Competitions and planned events of the Corporation
- communicate volunteer efforts to ALL Parent Advisors using Sign up Genius or web-based sign up link
- plan and organize in season events such as DYFC Beach Day, Spirit Day and Banquet, etc…
- plan and organize year-round events such as Boot Camp, Memorial Day Parade, Assessments and Summer Camps
- be responsible for managing and organizing the Snack Bar as well as the appointment of a Snack Bar Representative while engaging in a partnership with the Snack Bar Representative for DYF, Inc.
- create a snack bar committee consisting of a volunteer from each grade level
|Vice President of Public Relations
A. The Vice President of Public Relations shall, assisted by the Public Relations Committee, attend to and be responsible for obtaining favorable publicity for all activities of the corporation. The Vice President of Public Relations shall directly report to the Executive Vice President. The Vice President of Public Relations shall be Chairman of the Public Relations Committee and sit on the Events committee.
B. The Vice President of Public Relations shall:
- be the contact person for the Website and work directly with the President and Secretary for sending all necessary information to the Web site provider
- disperse flyers in businesses and organizations around town in regards to Registration and activities or events throughout the season requested and approved by the Board of Directors
- submit information to newspapers and community access channels in regards to informing the community of Cheerleading Registration or activities and events throughout the season requested and approved by the Board of Directors
- be Chairman of the Public Relations Committee and select volunteers from each grade level to take photographs at practices, games and all cheerleading events
- collect and organize photo’s/video’s of the individual squads to be used for future uses
- prepare articles, upload photos or videos to various social media outlets such as the newspapers and cable access channels, Facebook and website
DANVERS YOUTH FOOTBALL CHEERLEADING, INC. BYLAWS
Effective Date: January 10, 2016 19
- sit on the Events Committee
|Vice President of Operations
A. The Vice President for Operations shall be responsible for organizing the operations that are needed to run the corporation’s activities smoothly and effectively. The Vice President of Operations will directly report to the President.
B. The Vice President of Operations shall:
- be responsible for obtaining from the DYF, Inc. and distributing the schedules for the season’s games and events to Board of Directors and notifying the DYFC members of any changes to the schedule
- negotiate for, scheduling and coordinating needed transportation services
- negotiate, scheduling and coordinating of practice space
- Work/meet with space contacts and board to submit necessary space request paperwork in advance of the season
- Research and investigate new space options or creative alternatives each season
- Work with parent advisers and board members throughout season to make sure they have adequate practice space and that there are no issues at facilities
- Maintain ongoing schedule of facilities and teams.
- request and obtain insurance binders from DYF, Inc and CAYFL
- ensure that all facilities and associated rental agreements and insurance binders are properly submitted for playing fields, schools or other facility gymnasiums needed for practices and other corporation related events
- ensure the proper equipment is available and in an appropriate condition for the conduct of practices and events